www.infreshjobs.com - Today's work recruitment is quite reasonably competitive, that is why should you function sensibly in fact it is not only a challenging course of action. www.infreshjobs.com will provide you opportunity to take action so you would help make the correct choice with greater strategy to find rapid and superior result. That way you will receive far better prospect along with less dangerous are living later on.
Siging up for this provide can make anyone competent to reach your own purpose less complicated and also make your current aspiration come true.
To produce this corporation perpective and also vision comes accurate; The World Bank Group will be wide open up for brand-new position as originate from March 2018. All people who is considering filling this vacanct, make sure you take part in this kind of Economist Job Openings recruitment inside . It can be encouraged for all contributors to arrange just about all essential demands due to this job recruitment treatment, for the reason that method will need that you supply ideal specs that the firm desires just for this situation. If you are that you will be one which may load the standards, you can look at you just read more information about Economist Job Openings below.
The World Bank Group Job Opportunities 2018
Economist Job Openings - New Delhi Delhi
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. It is governed by 188 member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff globally.
The vision of the WBG is the eradication of extreme poverty by reducing the number of people living on less than $1.25 a day to 3 percent by 2030, and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country. To achieve that vision, in 2013 the WBG Board of Governors approved a strategy for the organization. The strategy leverages the combined strength of the WBG institutions and their ability to partner with the public and private sectors to deliver customized development solutions backed by finance, world class knowledge and convening services. It has three components: (1) maximizing development impact by engaging country clients in identifying and tackling the most difficult development challenges; (2) promoting scaled-up partnerships that are strategically aligned with the goals; and (3) crowding in public and private resources, expertise and ideas.
On July 1, 2014, the WBG launched the architecture underpinning the strategy and instrumental to its success: the new fourteen Global Practices and five Cross-Cutting Solution Areas that, in concert with the WBG regions, will design solutions to address clients’ most pressing developmental challenges, and ultimately, enable the WBG to meet its twin goals of eliminating extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity.
The Global Practices perform the following functions:
• Defining Strategic Direction: (i) define strategic priorities to deliver solutions and achieve results based on country and regional demands and interactions and global priorities; (ii) define/implement integrated resource strategies, (iii) engage in selected, high priority partnerships, and (iv) establish robust monitoring and reporting systems.
• Developing and Deploying Expertise Globally: (i) lead the development and delivery of solutions to clients by deploying the right technical staff where and when needed; and (ii) invest in developing technical talent.
• Delivering Integrated Solutions: (i) deliver operations, while Regions ensure fit for purpose; (ii) develop public-private integrated solutions that draw on GPs, CCSAs, MIGA and IFC; and (iii) hold the “Concurrence” role in all project/AAA approval steps, ensuring that all technical quality, safeguard and fiduciary requirements (if applicable) are met.
• Capturing and Leveraging Knowledge Effectively: (i) ensure knowledge is used effectively to deliver solutions to clients; (ii) assign staff roles and accountabilities in creating, capturing, sharing and using knowledge’ (iii) reward knowledge sharing and learning, in performance management and career development; and (iv) develop knowledge base around key development challenges and solutions sets.
HEALTH, NUTRITION AND POPULATION (HNP) GLOBAL PRACTICE CONTEXT
The central contribution of the HNP Global Practice to the World Bank’s twin goals is to enable the achievement of Universal Health Coverage (UHC), in which all people are effectively covered by essential health services, and nobody suffers undue financial hardship as a result of illnesses. In the quest for UHC, the HNP Global Practice is building on progress made in the framework of the Millennium Development Goals, an array of analytical and advisory services, strategic partnerships with partner institutions and other financing agencies, and an active lending portfolio. The HNP Global Practice includes staff members in Washington, DC and many country offices.
The HNP Global Practice is led by a Senior Director, who has overall responsibility for the GP. The Senior Director is assisted by two Directors, who serve as the Chief Operating Officers of the Practice. The HNP Global Practice Leadership Team, which leads and manages the HNP GP, consists of the Senior Director, two Directors, ten HNP Practice Managers and seven Global Leads (for Financing; Healthy Societies; Nutrition; Population and Development; Decision and Delivery Science; Public Private Partnership and Service Delivery). The HNP Global Practice works with and across multiple sectors, in recognition of the fact that HNP outcomes often depend on actions that lie outside the HNP sector. Accordingly, a capacity to work across GP boundaries, forge coalitions and influence multi-practice solutions is essential for achieving the major objectives of improving HNP outcomes.
The HNP GP team based in New Delhi consists of three Senior Health Specialists, one Health Specialist, two Senior Economists, one Senior Nutrition Specialist, one Nutrition Specialist, one Senior Operations Officer and two Operations Officers. This team is supported by staff from the Global Practice, based in various locations. The work program covers a mix of activities at the national and state levels and includes across the range of World Bank Services from financing to knowledge and convening. It covers a range of areas including health system strengthening, disease control, health insurance, nutrition and non-communicable diseases.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with
The HNP Global Practice seeks to appoint an Economist to be based in New Delhi, India.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Economist will report to the HNP Practice Manager responsible for India, and will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
1. Contribute to high-quality analytical and advisory services tasks (and lead sub-tasks) related to health financing and insurance, public expenditure and financial management, health systems, service delivery, public-private partnerships, and related topics in the Indian context.
2. Provide expertise in health economics and health financing to teams developing and managing health, nutrition & population lending operations.
3. Participate in and contribute to technical assistance work to support relevant capacity-building activities including workshops, seminars, etc.
4. Participate in and contribute to policy dialogue with government counterparts in the Centre and States and other relevant stakeholders.
5. Build partnerships and networks within the Bank (in health and other sectors) and with external partners, primarily in India but also globally.
• At least a Master’s degree in economics or related discipline, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. A PhD would be an advantage. Although a strong background in the health sector is not required, interest in and willingness to learn about HNP issues in India is essential.
• Excellent quantitative skills and demonstrated track record of working with economic and sectoral data, analytical tools and models to conduct quantitative analyses and synthesize complex results into user-friendly written outputs. Ability to work with both micro-level and macro-level data. Familiarity with statistical analyses, econometric methods and related software, preferably STATA.
• Proven analytical skills linking economic thinking and quantitative analysis, and the ability to inform high-level policy dialogue through strong communications (including writing) skills.
• Diplomatic and client-engagement skills, and proven success working as a team member.
• Proactive and results-focused work style with strong problem-solving and project-management capabilities.
• Experience in international development, and experience working with multilateral institutions would be an advantage.
• Fluency in Hindi is required; Strong writing, communication and presentation skills in English is essential.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following WBG competencies:
• Integrative Skills -- Understands core issues and knows where to get additional expertise when needed. Task team member in integrative products and provides analytical written inputs.
• Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena -- Understands policy making process and role of the health sector in that process. Is able to find relevant information and examine similar policy questions in multiple regions and to distill operationally relevant recommendations and lessons from this analysis for clients.
• Policy Dialogue Skills -- Identifies and assesses policy issues and communicates findings/points of view verbally and through economic reports and papers. Plays an active role in the dialogue with the government and/or other stakeholders as part of Bank teams.
• Client Orientation -- Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
• Drive for Results -- Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion -- Shows leadership in ensuring the team stays organized and focused, and actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches.
• The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
As one of the leading company in India, The World Bank Group offers variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. The World Bank Group also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new experience and knowledge through the company programs.
If You fascinated to apply Economist Job Openings New Delhi Delhi March 2018 The World Bank GroupThe World Bank Group, immediately prepare requirements / files and documents needed for apply Economist Job Openings New Delhi Delhi March 2018 The World Bank Group above. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in New Delhi Delhi region from any other company.
infreshjobs does not collect any fees or charges to job seekers through our website. If you find any companies that ask you to pay money, please contact us.
This job openings may have an invalid or expired or closed for registration. Please recheck prior to the company concerned to determine whether or not a job. Check its location to help find the company's address.